Saturday, June 9, 2012

Salad 4 | The game of food creation

It was Saturday and it rained heavily, again. That was perfect for my food creation game. No time pressure at all. I spent 02 hours and cracked my brain to create something still fresh but fun. This idea was inspired by an article I read about a Polish artist, Boguslaw Sliwinski, and his food artwork. 
This evening, I used:
  • Some bush of green salad
  • Fresh salmon
  • Mackerel (silver fish)
  • Octopus 
  • Fish eggs 
  • Sesame
  • Japanese rice
  • Some basilica leave
  • Mini tomatoes
  • Seaweeds
  • Meat pie
  • Meat balls
  • Ginger
  • Beetroot
  • Avocado
  • Cucumber

With all these, I created:
  1. Bigball Boat: green salad in the shape of a boat with 04 big meat balls with green rice covered
  2. Parachute Fishes: deep-fried egg fish with a decoration at their tail like they were parachuting
  3. A Happy Sunny Day: a mix of sashimi in the shape of the happy earth planet (do you see the little plants with egg fish as their fruits?) and a happy sun - my sun is happy when he can dry his hair and wears his sunglasses :)
  4. Fish Love: two little fish, one following the other, around the coral flowers... 
  5. Rice Bugs: two bowls of rice reminding of some bugs... 
I really had a great time when creating these. Next time, if I have to do it again, surely it will be shorter than 02 hours... as the thinking process to have some ideas takes quite long... 

I look forward to more time at home and creating with food... It is really fun!
































Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment